What We Do
#autchat is a Twitter hashtag by and for autistic and similarly neurodivergent people. It is used both for unscheduled conversations and weekly scheduled chats, which are Sundays 9pm UTC / 9pm GMT / 4pm EST. You can also use a time zone converter to look up what time autchat is in your time zone.
We create Storifys (transcripts) of scheduled #autchat conversations to ensure that our collective knowledge is retained. Our master list of #autchat topics is here, and most individual topic pages include links to one or more Storifys (transcripts) of past chats.
Who We Are
autchat was begun in February 2015 by a group of autistic people on Twitter. We saw the need for a dedicated space for autistic voices and the #autchat hashtag was born.
autchat is currently run by @theoriesofminds, with questions and announcements tweeted from @autchatmod.
- @theoriesofminds, @AskCisco, @Ask_anAspergirl, @erabrand, and others for starting #autchat and running sessions
- Our many guest moderators for helping write questions
- @lhabc for feedback on informational materials
- @project1enigma for helping redraft documentation
- @erabrand for designing and maintaining the website
- All our wonderful participants
We created autchat to build a Twitter-based community among autistic and similarly neurodivergent people.
We seek to highlight and amplify the voices of autistic and similarly neurodivergent people.
We maintain an ongoing and developing record of collective community knowledge.
One of our past moderators, @AskCisco, wrote up a history of our origins which you can read here.