What We Do
#AutChat is a Twitter hashtag by and for autistic and similarly neurodivergent people. It is used both for unscheduled conversations and weekly scheduled chats, which are Sundays 1pm Pacific / 4pm Eastern. You can also use a time zone converter to look up what time AutChat is in your time zone.
We archive AutChats to ensure that our collective knowledge is retained. You can access these through our master list of #AutChat topics; most individual topic pages link to one or more archived chats.
Follow us on Twitter for announcements.
Who We Are
AutChat was begun in February 2015 by a group of autistic people on Twitter. We saw the need for a dedicated space for autistic voices and the #AutChat hashtag was born.
AutChat is currently run by @endeverstar and @autisticb4mmr. We post questions and announcements from @autchatmod.
- @theoriesofminds, @AskCisco, @Ask_anAspergirl, @erabrand, and others for starting #AutChat and running sessions
- Our many guest moderators for helping write questions
- @lhabc for feedback on informational materials
- @project1enigma for helping redraft documentation
- @EbThen for designing and maintaining the website
- All our wonderful participants
We created AutChat to build a Twitter-based community among autistic and similarly neurodivergent people.
We seek to highlight and amplify the voices of autistic and similarly neurodivergent people.
We maintain an ongoing and developing record of collective community knowledge.
One of our past moderators, @AskCisco, wrote up a history of our origins which you can read here.